Materials selection is a specialized field and thus it must be performed by qualified and experienced specialists. Not only it can affect the cost of equipment substantially but also can pose a significant threat to integrity, safety of plant and humans and production. Materials selection specialist must understand the plant processes so that process upsets are identified correctly and integrity operating windows are established and incorporated into design. Likewise, materials selection experts must have thorough knowledge and experience of corrosion damage mechanisms so that correct corrosion assessment can be done for given materials vs environments and a suitable mitigation measure is recommended. Knowledge and experience about different metals, alloys and non-metallic materials and their limitations for different applications and environments are very important.
There are few long lead items for whom material selection, corrosion allowance and chemical injection decisions have to made at early phase of project such as concept select phase. In such situations, usually enough process information is not available and thus materials selection experts must utilize their experience and good engineering judgement for material selection.
Our experts have required qualifications, trainings, certifications, skills and experiences to support our esteemed Clients for all stages of a project i.e. Concept select, FEED and EPC.
Cormat offers quality services for various deliverables and non-deliverables as listed below:
- Materials Selection Diagrams (MSD)
- Materials Selection and Corrosion Control Philosophy
- Materials Selection and Corrosion Control Report
- Material selection and corrosion control inputs to Concept select report (concept select phase)
- Material selection and corrosion control inputs to FEED and EPC scope of work
- Review of data sheets (piping, pipelines, valves and equipment)
- Review of piping material specification (PMS)
- Review of fluid list, line list and equipment list
- Review of P&IDs
- Review of vendor offers and technical bid evaluations (TBE)